My client, an artificial Intelligence company are based in Oxford and they are looking for an energetic and resourceful Systems Integration Engineer to design, test and maintain the drive-by-wire and power systems on their autonomous platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring that the cars (and forklifts, and buggies, and more) can run safely and reliably on private test tracks, and on public roads. This is a permanent position with a salary expectation of £40,000 - £90,000 DOE.
- Design and specification of X-by-wire components for brakes, steering and throttle control
- Matlab/Simulink real time software to control these items
- Programming of C++ controllers too
- Completion of FMEAs, hazard analyses and safety case documents
- Writing and executing subsystem and vehicle test plans
- Working with suppliers and customers
- To undertake site visits to customers and partners as part of the commissioning and testing of code
- To work closely with a team of engineers within the group whose mission is to provide a rock-solid foundation for testing and exploitation of our robotics science.
- Supporting ambitious field trials and data collection exercises in outdoor settings. This involves travel to test sites and industrial partners.
- Debugging software, electrical and hardware problems on vehicles, often in a high pressure environment
- To be responsible for ensuring that all robot vehicles in the group are equipped via appropriate versioning tools, user management and data management, with operational software and hardware at all times.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or related subject
- Experience working in a system integration role in the automotive industry
- Expert user of Matlab/Simulink/Embedded Coder toolchain
- Experience of CAN bus systems (design, test and debug)
- Ability to select electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components suitable for making our cars go autonomous
- Good communication skills, it will be important to be able to communicate with people at all levels in our small, but growing business
- Experience with distributed version control system (Git, Mercurial)
- 3D CAD (Solidworks, CATIA)
- Electrical system design (VeSys, Eagle etc.)
- 3D printing
- Full driving license
- Hands-on experience of building and modifying cars and/or robots
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.