My client, a market leading company within the OTT broadcasting industry is looking for a Product Support Specialist to join their established operations team based in Staines. This is a permanent position paying up to £40k DOE.
Due to the on boarding of multiple international customers, my client is looking for a Product Support Specialist with expertise on Linux based Systems to join during this growth phase. You will work with experienced personnel in a collaborative, open plan environment to assist in disaster recovery, BAU and also communicate with third parties to implement the companies products. As part or the operations team, you will also assist in roll-outs and maintenance of the core “software as a service” product.
Daily duties will include:
- Working with solution architects to implement the roll-out of dynamic ad insertion services for our broadcaster customers
- Troubleshooting live production issues using standard Linux tools and scripting
- Hardware/software migration
- Customer site installation and support
The right candidate will have:
- At least 3 years experience in working with Linux (preferable CentOS/RHEL flavours)
- Good working knowledge of shell scripting or other scripting languages such as PERL, Python, PHP
- Competence in IP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Experience with working systems with high availability
- Experience with working with large scale web applications
- An enthusiasm for investigating new technologies
- An ability to express concepts clearly and concisely by email or verbally
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient
My client values core engineering skills and willingness to learn over specific domain knowledge. If you consider yourself a real “techie” and wish to gain experienced working with cutting edge video streaming workflows. Then this is a great opportunity for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply below.
Please note: we can only consider applicants who currently have the right to work in the UK.