My client, a fintech company that specialise in using cutting edge technology to analyse trading for the sports betting market are looking for a Machine Learning R&D Engineer to join their Engineering team based near Holborn. This is a permanent role paying up to £50k dependent on experience.
Revolutionising sports trading by combining financial reporting, risk management, expert insight and machine learning, this innovative company are now entering their next growth phase and are looking for a Machine Learning R&D Engineer to join their already established team. Heavily focussed on Machine Learning and research and development, this is a collaborative environment where market leading insight is created and AI turns sports trading into an alternative asset class. The ideal candidate will have a track record of working within a problem solving team, building scalable distributed systems for production. Have the ability to quickly obtain deep technical understanding of new domains and to carefully write bug free code.
Responsibilities will entail:
- Developing and prototyping new algorithms for machine learning training and inference
- Applying these algorithms to autonomous trading systems and predictive sports models
- Collaborating with machine learning researchers in leading universities and research labs. We have formal partnerships with 4 universities in the UK
- As a research scientist, you will lead and participate in research projects involving a small team, collaborating in a friendly work environment.
The right candidate will have:
- PhD (preferred) in statistics, computer science, engineering, math, physics or other quantitative field
- Experience in working with large data sets (demonstrable)
- Experience with a wide range of machine learning and statistical methods
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Preference for strong publication record
- Strong familiarity with Python (preferred), R, Matlab or C/C++
Things that are nice to have:
- Familiarity with Theano, Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow or similar is a plus
- Record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals in econometrics, machine learning, statistics or mathematics
You should be excited by intellectual challenges and confident enough to contribute ideas and challenge assumptions from your first day. You will work in group of high-achieving quantitative researchers who love sport and who love solving difficult problems. You will be able to demonstrate your abilities through tangible work and discrete projects, with constant feedback from real world events.
This company provide great benefits such as flexible working hours, share options, pension scheme, snacks and drinks and a collaborative, fun, relaxed office environment. If you are looking for the next step in your Data Science career and want to learn more about Machine Learning, sports betting and make an impact directly on the company’s progress then please do apply.
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.