My client, a utilities engagement company are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join their established team based near London Bridge. This is a permanent role paying up to £100k depending on experience.
Combining software and behavioural science, this company have created a platform that is transforming the way people think about their energy consumption. With big data, machine learning and digital marketing techniques my client are making customer engagement easy, social and rewarding. They are growing their Data Science capabilities and now have the need for a lead / senior data scientist to come on board and lead the team. This role will evolve in to a Head of Data Science position in the future.
- Lead the Data Science team and work in collaboration with the Product team to continue to build our solutions and algorithms, and create new ones
- Leading the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence development of the platform
- Proactively identifying new data sets useful to the business.
- Perform data discovery, data enrichment, statistical clustering, particularly on household water and energy usage datasets
- Interpret, QA and clean incoming data from clients, collaborate with Product teams and build ETL modules for use on our data analytics platform
- Maintenance of the R&D data management system
- A degree (BSc or MSc) or equivalent in Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Applied Math, or similar
- Experience in mentoring and managing a team of 3 to 5 data scientists
- Professional experience in data sciences role – at least 8+ years
- Strong capabilities to reshape and control data through multiple languages (e.g Python, R , SQL)
- Understanding of relational data, and unstructured data storage
- Comfortable with multiple operating systems (Linux, windows)
- Ability to summarise and visualise complex data
- Collaborative, willing to share knowledge to the broader team
- Self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit who can work independently
- Agile practitioner who understands lean-start up principles and methodology
- Confident, engaging and articulate verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Previous involvement supporting an analytics software solution operating on large data
- Experience with distributed architecture and big data solutions
- Exposure to water and energy data, at least time series, numeric data or other industries with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Based in London with the right to work in the UK
If you want to be involved in a tech start up where you will have a direct impact on the Data Science, Machine Learning and Behavioural Science used by both large utility companies and their customers then this is a great opportunity for you. Previous experience in the utility industry is not require but would be a bonus.
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.