My Client, a nationally known hospitality company is currently looking for an IT Change and Problem Manager to join their IT Operations team. This is a permanent opportunity based in Thame and is paying up to £50K DOE.
They are looking for an IT Change & Project Manager to take responsibility for their change and problem management processes across IT.
- End to End ownership and control of the change and problem management processes, including process design, implementation, operation and continual improvement according to industry best practise.
- Organise and chair problem investigation meetings, agree and assign time bound actions with/to resolver teams.
- Oversee all day to day change management activities, making sure that all changes are logged, reviewed, approved, scheduled, evaluated and closed according to documented and agreed standards.
- Define and implement a standard approach for IT service transition.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure they fulfil their contractual obligations with regards to planning/implementing changes and identifying/resolving problems.
- Own the development of ITSM tools in the areas of change and problem.
- Establish an appropriate set of process management activities, including RCA reviews, weekly problem reviews, forward planning, CAB/eCAB, trending analysis, process reporting and quality control.
- Monitor and report on change and problem management process performance including defining and measuring a set of SMART KPI’s for each process.
Skill and experience needed:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Enterprise understanding of IT and problem management with at least 3 years’ experience in a related and dedicated ITSM role.
- Significant experience of designing, implementing managing and improving change and/or problem management processes in a complex, mission critical environment.
- A hands on individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into the details with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Previous experience to implementing and configuring ITSM toolsets with a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support change and problem management process activities.
If you are someone who wants to develop their skills further and thrives on problem solving, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.