Front End Web Developer – Semantic Technology
You will be developing cutting edge, semantic software for the life science and healthcare industry.
My client, based in Cambridgeshire, are a rapidly growing global semantic technology company whom focus on the healthcare and life science market. Their award winning, innovative platform transforms textual content into connected data used for business intelligence, machine learning and search. Their client base covers the majority of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies and their technology has won numerous global awards for innovation and achievement. Joining this company means that as well as a highly competitive salary and attractive benefits package, it’s also an opportunity to work somewhere with a different philosophy. They’re excited by the possibilities for their technology and embrace new use-cases and ideas. They don’t stick to a rigid architecture but encourage the use of the right technology for the right problem, looking to all their developers for input and inspiration. This is a company where you have the opportunity to have your voice heard and are encouraged to take ownership of key projects with room to explore new areas and research new projects for the future.
My client are known for solving the problems other solutions can’t and they are looking for developers who thrive when faced with new challenges and opportunities.
You will be:
The main duties of this role include:
- Creating exciting new user interfaces for their semantic platform.
- Using novel techniques to allow users to interact and query their data.
- Working directly with the data-science team and customers to refine requirements and get real-time user feedback.
- Joining at an exciting time as we begin to design and develop new platform components.
- Playing an important role in making this vision a reality.
- Working with a team that engages in collaborative R&D with customers to devise new solutions to problems they’re facing.
- Leading the architecture and development of new user interface components across different modules in the semantic technology platform.
- Working with customers and partners to turn their ideas into
- Developing rapid prototypes to test potential approaches in areas such as data visualisation and query
- Working to deliver exceptional customer
- Mentoring other developers in front-end best
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and HTML-DOM.
- Experience of using RESTful web services, consuming common forms of data such as XML and
- The ability to design and build unit-tested, modular code and deploy and run it on local and cloud
- Understanding of Agile software development process and unit testing.
- Prototype and wireframe development
- An interest in data visualisation and data mining, big data, Machine Learning / AI
- Deployment/Operations frameworks such as Docker / Git / Jenkins
- An outside interest in coding. Track record on GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogs or other personal projects would be very
- Knowledge of semantic technology is not a requirement, however a willingness to learn about the approaches and technology in this area is required.
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.