My client, a market leading company within the OTT broadcasting industry is looking for a Java Software Engineer to join their established development team based in Staines. This is a permanent position paying up to £60k DOE.
Due to the on boarding of multiple international customers, my client is looking for a Java Specialist with an interest in front-end development to join during this growth phase. You will work with experienced personnel in a collaborative, open plan environment. The work you will carry out has a primary emphasis on machine-to-machine systems, rather than heavily UI-led projects, although there will be shades of that also. My client is able to offer a great environment for talented and experienced engineers looking for a challenge and to work with like-minded individuals. This is reflected by the fact that they have an almost non-existent staff turnover.
The ideal candidate would have:
- At least three years of experience in Java 1.6 or above (spent the majority of their time in the last three years writing Java)
- Experience in developing server-side Java utilising Tomcat 7.0 web app container
- Experience in working with Spring, Hibernate, AOP
- A solid working knowledge of the HTTP protocol, XML parsing and generation
- A willingness / ability to drop down into C/C++ if needed
- Core software engineering skills (version control, bug tracking, documentation, etc)
"Nice to have" skills include:
- Experience in working with streaming protocols such as HLS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH and HDS
- Understanding of x264 or video encoding and packaging
- Experience or awareness of the operation of broadcast systems such playout automation, scheduling, encoding
My client values core engineering skills and willingness to learn over specific domain knowledge. If you consider yourself a real “techie” and wish to gain experienced working with cutting edge video streaming workflows. Then this is a great opportunity for you.
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.