Our Client is an artificial intelligence start-up company based in London who are developing the first automated handwork robot for glasshouse vegetables using their own AI computer vision platform. Combining deep learning, computer vision and artificial intelligence to create solutions for real world problems. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of £80K-£125K.
They have real challenges to solve. Leading the software to make robotic gripping and robot path planning fast and reliable, and helping to commercialise the deep AI tech. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about cutting edge machine learning and computer vision too.
As an employee that will be leading the software engineering team, this is an exceptional chance to join at the start and help define our culture.
– Work with engineering leads directing and managing on a day-to-day basis.
– Collaborate with CEO and board on strategic direction for the technology.
– Define and oversee standards for the engineering department.
– Take full ownership of technical planning and delivery of our key products – ensuring fit for current and broader needs.
– Create clear, specific, reasonable timelines for new features.
– Track progress and do high-quality project planning.
– Manage, hire and improve a diverse team of top engineers using agile-like methodologies.
– Be a motivational, positive, energetic leader.
Skills and experience:
– Extensive experience line managing other leaders (as in directly line managing team leads, i.e. compensation and performance)
– Worked in agile, research and hardware teams.
– Commercial project management experience from multiple practical perspectives.
– Worked with, or comfortable in, startups.
– Experience with AI, Computer Vision, Robotics, Hardware, agricultural machinery and/or Machine Learning-based products.
– Understanding of field operations for machinery & hardware deployments.
– Customer-facing skills helping to define technical requirements.
– Hands on capability with programming (ideally Python), mathematics, AI, Neural Networks, and/or Linux – even if rusty.
So if you are a technology enthusiast that is eager to manage a team to help solve real world problems in the artificial intelligence industry, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.