Our Client is an artificial intelligence start-up company based in London who are developing the first automated handwork robot for glasshouse vegetables using their own AI computer vision platform. Combining deep learning, computer vision and artificial intelligence to create solutions for real world problems. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of £60K-£110K.
They have real challenges to solve. Leading the software to make robotic gripping and robot path planning fast and reliable, and helping to commercialise the deep AI tech. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about cutting edge machine learning and computer vision too.
As an employee that will be leading the software engineering team, this is an exceptional chance to join at the start and help define our culture.
– Manage the backend software engineer team – help define compensation and manage performance.
– Work directly with the VP Engineering and team leads on product planning, priorities and development.
– Actively participate in technical architecture decisions, and lead from the front.
– Retain, recruit and empower our growing team of backend software engineers.
– Work with the other engineering leads, communicating on a day-to-day basis.
– Define and monitor standards for the software engineering department.
– Create clear, specific, reasonable timelines for new features.
– Track progress and do high-quality project planning.
– Be a motivational, positive, energetic team-leader; and a good communicator.
Skills and experience:
– BSc. in a mathematical engineering discipline – e.g. mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering.
– Lead-level Python and C++ skills and good library knowledge (and can upskill the team)
– Recent experience line-managing people (as in managing staff compensation and performance)
– Worked in agile, research and with hardware teams and products.
– Good written and communication skills.
– Commercial project management experience in agile.- Experience with AI, Computer Vision, Robotics, Hardware, agricultural – machinery and/or Machine Learning-based products.
So if you are a technology enthusiast that is eager to manage a team to help solve real world problems in the artificial intelligence industry, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.