£ 40 - 65K per annum – South West
Sector: AI & Data Science
Our client is a research-based educational technology company. They are using technology, data and real-world observations to investigate the way young people learn. Their aim is to improve educational outcomes through research-based technologies that empower educators and motivate students.
They are creating scalable and affordable products to improve motivation and learning, which are developed and proven using rigorous scientific methods. Our mission is to improve the life opportunities of over 5 million learners by 2030. This position is a permanent position based in Exeter and is paying a competitive salary.
Data and a rigorous scientific approach is at the heart of my client. They have a fantastic data environment in place and a talented team using it already – and they are looking to build on it further. You will play a key role leading their Insights team, driving internal business decisions through data-driven findings and creating actionable insights for our external customers. Your role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Develop new externally-focussed insights:Lead the development of powerful insights for schools, students and parents that reflect their needs and allow them to improve their experience and student learning. Work with internal and external stakeholders to evolve a simple proof-of-concept (e.g. report for schools based on assessment results or product usage) to stand-alone, highly impactful products that combine ease-of-understanding with sophisticated modelling and accurate insights.
- Develop new internal product insights and A/B trials: Lead the development of new product insights, working with product team to define an approach and lead its implementation. Lead the introduction of A/B trials for product features to shape the direction of product development in the future.
- Refine and maintain existing dashboards and tools:Act as main point of contact for maintaining and developing internal tools and dashboards, working with internal stakeholders to enable data-driven insights on how to improve student learning, e.g., which items of content need refining based on previous student answers.
- Investigate key business questions: act as point of contact for senior stakeholders across the business and support them in influencing high-level business decisions.
- Maintain data quality, together with Dev team: act as link to Dev team to ensure our data quality remains high, supporting the identification and understanding of any data issues, and influencing our approach to resolving them as well as capturing new data sources going forward.
- Lead Insights team:Lead and line manage Insights team, developing and building it over time.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering etc, with significant exposure to statistics.
- Proven experience of working with internal and external customers, understanding their needs and concerns, and translating technical findings into practical recommendations and compelling visualisations that address those needs and concerns.
- Proven leadership or management experience in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent knowledge of R (preferred), Python, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS or similar, and experience applying it in a business context to analysing and statistical modelling based on millions of data points.
- Sound knowledge of common statistical techniques such as linear models, generalised linear models and k-means, and their limitations.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to tailor communication across a broad technical and non-technical spectrum.
- MSc and/or PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience and knowledge of education and the school system
- Experience developing new insights-based products
If you are looking for a unique opportunity to work among bright, passionate and ambitious professionals whilst being led by a visionary management team striving for achieving great things then this opportunity is right for you.
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.